Satcom for Government Emergency Response
Satcoms for when there is a loss of national telecommunications infrastructure
In a time of a national emergency or natural disaster, when there is a loss of terrestrial communications, Airbus Defence and Space provides secure and resilient satellite-based communications services capable of handling restricted information and operating independently from the main telephone networks to ensure that civil authorities stay connected in a crisis.
Airbus Defence and Space currently provides contingency services for Governments across UK, France and Germany. High Integrity Telecommunications Systems (HITS), a secure and resilient telecommunications service for the UK Government to provide continuance of government between key decision makers at local and central levels during periods of crisis.
We also delivers a fixed and mobile communication service deployed by the French fire stations over dedicated networks, and in Germany a homogenous communications system for first responders, using autonomous Ku and Ka- band SATCOM.
- Maximum ease of use
- Phone & internet access in time of national emergency to allow emergency services users and government to remain in contact if conventional telecommunications are unavailable
- Service can also be utilised when conventional telecommunications are working normally
- Guaranteed secure and resilient bandwidth on military network
- Transportable terminals available 24/7 as backup resource
- Typically each site installation will feature a number of phones, laptops and printer
- Features a simple pin and password access
- Network monitoring and management at central Airbus Defence and Space
- 24/7 helpdesk