Airborne ISR Solutions
Satellite solutions for manned and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
Airborne ISR applications are becoming increasingly important for supporting a wide range of military operations due to the increased pressures on improving situational awareness for military personnel protection. Airbus Defence and Space are expert suppliers for global satellite solutions for manned and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and their part in mission critical airborne ISR operations.
We are currently supporting multiple X-band airborne ISR platforms, from shared/private SCPC/TDMA networks through to large scale, bespoke ISR mission support services.
Over Skynet, Airbus Defence and Space has proven data rates in excess of 14Mbps using DVB-S2 ACM SCPC links, with bespoke coverage providing high gain spot beams tailored to the mission area, enabling multi-aircraft, high criticality ISR missions to be carried out securely over resilient milsatcom satellites.
We have also supported smaller scale missions for airborne ISR over X-band and offer an integrated end-to-end communications capability called AIMS which includes services, equipment, and support for ISTAR intelligence data collection and delivery.
AIMS – Airborne ISR Managed Communications Services
This managed service is designed for operators of airborne data collection platforms performing ISTAR missions.
AIMS provides the following as part of an integrated end-to-end communications capability:
- Managed service
- Support for ISTAR intelligence data collection & delivery
- Delivery across line of sight, beyond line of sight and terrestrial networks using secure and resilient communications as required
- AIMS provides a high value for money ISTAR service by optimising the use of the available resources and utilising advanced data compression techniques
- The service gives a flexible performance to suit the needs of the user throughout the mission, allowing higher resolution video and additional services on-demand
- Reduces the human requirements and complexity of deploying and operating a dynamic hybrid network, providing the end-user a simple, graphical interface to manage data flows, relay services, data rewind, storage and access
- Compliant with NATO standards ensuring the user’s ability to share intelligence and resources in allied operations
- Mission success requires access to available space resources. AIMS improves this by offering frequency swappable equipment as part of the managed service
- Fully managed end-to-end communication links
- Flexible line of sight and beyond line of sight service
- Satellite capacity procurement and management
- Equipment provision and support as necessary
- Through life support
- 24/7 customer support