Teleport & Backhaul Services
Assuring reliable end-to-end connectivity at the highest service levels
Not all customers who have a requirement for satellite communications have the necessary teleport, backhaul and anchoring support infrastructure. Airbus Defence and Space offer teleport services at its secure sites to all customers to meet this demand.
Our teleport facilities located around the world enable us to provide global coverage for connectivity services. The teleports provide the link between the satellite constellation and terrestrial networks for reliable end-to-end connectivity at the highest service levels.
Our teleports are located across France, Germany, Norway, UK and the USA for global coverage in both fixed and mobile satellite services.
In support of the backhaul service we also offer modem services. Modems can be purchased or leased as part of an end-to-end communications path or customer-owned modems can be accommodated at our teleports.
- Economies of scale through centralisation
- Highly secure military locations
- Fault tolerant architecture
- Single point of contact for all services, terminal operations, spares, equipment, maintenance and operational challenges
- Lower whole life costs for service delivery and equipment provision
- 24/7 customer support
- Delivering bandwidth from remote locations into terrestrial networks
- Providing resilient features to networks removing single points of failure
- Short term requirements
- Extending communications reach – requiring no additional capital expenditure
- Voice trunks, private networks, secure networks, data, IP and Internet traffic, video