Ka-band managed bandwidth services for high speed broadband
Airbus Defence and Space can now offer Ka-band from its portfolio of managed bandwidth services. Integrating Inmarsat’s Global Xpress capability enables us to deliver high-speed broadband access to our customers in remote locations worldwide
Airbus Defence and Space has recently signed an agreement to distribute Inmarsat Global Xpress (GX) Services as a Value Added Reseller (VAR) to Military and other Government customers across Europe.
Airbus Defence and Space will progressively bring these services on-line during 2014 and 2015. Inmarsat GX is a geostationary satellite constellation offering two
communications service types in civil and military Ka bands. These will provide broadband services from small low cost terminals across all Government Customers for land, sea and aero operations:
GX Subscription Services
A contended data rate service using commercial Ka. Airbus Defence and Space is integrating its own baseband equipment permitting a bundled secure service offering multi
domain security. This service requires Inmarsat authorised terminals and offers:
• Committed Information Rates from 512kbps to 8Mbps in 64kbps increments.
• Order duration 6 or 12 months
• Fall back options in the case of Ka drop off
• Optional value-added applications such as Voice and VTC
• For 1m terminals the maximum CIR Down and Up-link rates are 8 Mbps and 4 Mbps respectively
• For 60cm terminals the maximum CIR Down and Uplink rates are 4 Mbps and 2 Mbps respectively
GX Lease Services
Offers military Ka bandwidth lease services on specified GX beams using Inmarsat or customer terminals.
Additionally high capacity overlay beams provide higher data rate services and cross switching between military and commercial Ka.
Our Ka-band managed services are suitable for:
- ·Airborne ISR missions
- ·COTM missions
- · Naval comms
- ·Surveillance and reconnaissance
- ·Special operations and expeditionary forces
- ·Live full motion video
- ·C4ISR operations
Airbus Defence and Space also offers Yahsat’s Military Ka-band service to the US Government and is available under FCSA CS2, GSA Schedule 70, and other government contract vehicles.
- Rapid instantiation of services following orders
- Global coverage (end of 2014)
- Seamless global roaming
- High speed broadband network access and reliable connectivity
- Expert consultancy
- Flexible leasing terms and commercially efficient practices
- Assured Quality of Services (QoS)
- Surge capacity capability with fast commercial processes
- Secure and scalable service offerings
- Wide range of value add applications available
- L-band network backup
- Download speeds up to 50Mbps & 5Mbps over the uplink
- 24/7 customer, network & technical support
- Subscription, lease and shared networks service options available
- Secure network from levels MAC III to MAC I available