Anik G1 X-band
The only commercial X-band coverage across North and Latin America, Anik G1 provides substantial coverage of the Pacific reaching out to Hawaii and Easter Island
Responding to the growing demand for commercial satellite services by government and military organisations, Airbus DS has partnered with Telesat to deliver Anik G1. With the first commercial X-band coverage across North and Latin America, Anik G1 provides substantial coverage of the Pacific reaching out to Hawaii and Easter Island.
Anik G1, launched in April 2013, holds a 3-transponder, global-beam X-band payload, operating from 107.3°W, giving coverage from 178°W to 35°W until at least 2028.
The payload is fully compliant to NATO interoperability standards giving seamless
interoperability and portability with the Skynet fleet of X-band satellites, giving uncontended, near-global coverage to allow seamless maritime operations, integrated transit and deployment conops for our customers worldwide.
- Commercial X-band coverage over the Pacific Ocean, covering North and Latin America and out to Hawaii and Easter Island
- Compliant to NATO standards
- Interoperable with Skynet fleet of X-band satellites for seamless COTM (comms-on-the-move) operations
- Managed services package or bandwidth only
- QoS assurance
- 24/7Customer support
Anik G1 satellite capacity is ideal for:
- Naval operations
- Disaster recovery
- Emergency management
- Protection of natural resources, such as mining, forests, oil and gas
- Remote army operations
- Remote government offices
- Civil-military inter-agency Collaboration