Network For The Sky
NETWORK FOR THE SKY
Securely and reliably connects all your airborne assets together with the rest of your operations, giving you the communications superiority to execute the mission more efficiently and effectively. Delivering as one.
Network for the Sky (NFTS) delivers secure networked airborne communications over a mix of technologies to form one resilient, high-speed global network that supports the most advanced applications. With a highly secure overlay that meets the most demanding requirements.
NFTS creates an intelligent network across diverse air assets – manned and unmanned – with seamless interoperability between them. It emulates the experience of today’s cellular networks in a secure airborne environment, expertly configured for the unique challenges this brings.
Network for the Sky is a solution from Airbus. We have unequalled breadth of experience in aircraft, airborne communications systems and services – and bringing it all together into highly secure end-to-end solutions trusted by military and government customers.
- Communications superiority – higher performance, increased resilience, increased range, seamless interoperability, enhanced cybersecurity
- Enhanced situational awareness – communications throughout mission, faster access to richer information, shared between all mission participants
- Faster, better decision-making – information superiority, multi-domain intelligence
- Faster, synchronised response – multi-mission capability, increased flexibility, reduced mission time
- Increased mission efficiency and effectiveness – maximising airborne assets
NFTS is a modular, end-to-end solution, available as individual, scalable elements to a complete end-to-end solution.
- Proteus modem
- AirPatrol satcom antenna
- Janus satcom antenna
- Multi-level Security Node & Communications Manager
- X, Ka, Ku, L-band capacity
- LTE, UHF/VHF networks
- Tactical or global shared satcom services
- Mission office in the sky: secure IP services
- ISR services
- Socius ISR data broadcast
- Satellite extension to L16, UHF, LTE & wideband links
- End-to-end communications services
- End-to-end guaranteed bandwidth on ground network
- Network service orchestration
- Multi-level security
- Interconnection from Airbus teleports
- Customer teleport management
- Account management & billing support
- 24/365 helpdesk
- Aircraft communications integration support
- Network management requirements & planning
- Cybersecurity risk assessment
- Field support
- Spares & repairs
NFTS operates over a secure, flexible, hybrid network that incorporates multiple technologies for better resilience.
It creates an intelligent network across diverse air assets- manned and unmanned- with seamless interoperability between them.
NFTS emulates the experience of today's cellular networks in a secure airborne environment, expertly configured for the unique challenges this brings.